Wednesday, April 2, 2008

big day tomorrow or today whatever thursday becomes. spencer is meeting with the surgeon who took (without permission) his "bone flap" out. it may have been without spencer's permission but his mom and dad said yes and it may have saved his life. the bone flap is the part of the skull that was cut out so his brain could swell in a left to right direction as opposed to front to back. they knew after the 1st surgery the brain would swell, it was a matter of how much. anyway spence has obsessed over that bone flap since he could communicate with us: where is it? is it in a jar? can i see it? the surgeon told him it was in a museum but we always joked that it was on his fireplace mantle. we have been told "unofficially" that when the flap is returned the recovery may speed up a little bit. fingers crossed,prayers,positive thoughts,whatever you've been doing keep it going.

4 comments:

Vicki Downing said...

jYou can count on our prayers, Nuttall family. Spencer, when you finally graduate from your hospital stay, I think they should award you an honorary medical degree for all you've been willing to learn about your body since your arrival. Good for you for being so curious and using the situation to your best advantage. I feel like we are learning with you. Bone flaps! Who knew?
Vicki Downing
Ted's sister

The Demon Barber of Warren St said...

Hey Spence!
I know, I've been bad, I haven't been posting comments so I figured I would even though by the time you read this I will have probably already visited you! Anyways, I really really really hope today brings celebration and good news about that bone flap! Either way you have still come such a long way so be happy with that! Dude, I totally can't wait to see those pictures of us at our Crunch Wrap feast!! That was soo much fun! Most of all though, I just can't wait to see you since its been a while since my last visit and I miss you a ton!!! Well, Keep up the good work, and the bone flap will be back in your head before you know it!!
<3 Erin
P.S. you're girlfriend is pretty cool...that was random but I just had to say it! We're totally gonna hang out with her without you sometime its already been decided!

Brittany Lavoie said...

haha erin's right, girls day! =]
i'm saying extra special prayers from now until i know you're all better. i haven't missed a day since january. keep up the great work! you're my hero, superspence!

<3 bodacious britt.
xoxooxox

Spence, himself said...

yay! its going back in, I'm pretty excited about that