Wednesday, February 20, 2008

oops, guess i have been slacking. whats been going on the last 3 days?

its been a lot of little things. spence has been doing PT to try to build upper body strength thru his trunk. this will give him the basis to start working on his left side. he did take a couple of steps on tuesday though. (he is estatic about this). he is also been working with the speech therapist and he's moving both his left and right side of his mouth. it is much easier to understand him now. he still gets tired easily as the health workers try to push him, but its funny how he gets a second wind when his friends have visited this week. he told me to write a thank you to nana for his homemade heating pack.
by far his favorite thing to do in the hospital is when we read him the post's on this blog,the cards in the mail,or letters from his favorite 1st grade class or his 2 favorite classes from florida. i think just hearing all these people care for him,are pulling for him,and praying for him ,gives him just a little bit more strength to keep up the hard work.

so keep'em coming

5 comments:

Brittany Lavoie said...

spencer,
i can only imagine how amazing it must feel to accomplish all these things like walking and being able to talk more clearly. i can't wait to see you again, i miss you like crazy. i still have to talk to your mom and dad to make sure it's ok, but i'm coming up sunday with sara and maybe jill. i love you so much, you're doing great. keep up the progress and i'll see you soon. =]

<3 brittany.

ps. i've gotten so many compliments on my bracelet. [i love it.]

amy said...

Yay Spencer! So you're basically everyone in the world's hero now :) Keep it up!

<3 Amy

The Demon Barber of Warren St said...

Spence, love you! Enough said!
<3 Erin

Heather said...

Have I told that you amaze me? You are the bestest!!! Keep it up! I hope Tony, Roxanne, Erin, and Bob are keeping you company til I get back there.. I love you!

<33 Heather

Kimberly said...

Spencer Robert Nuttall, I am sooo proud of you! You're doing so good, keep it up! I miss you terribly. Really really bad. I pinky promise I'll come up this weekend to visit, but I don't know the driving situation at the moment, so if not this weekend, I'll defintely be there next weekend. I'll make sure to draw you an amazing picture, a real picture, not one of my crappy cartoons.

I love you, and don't you forget that,

Kim