Monday, March 10, 2008

An interesting day today, donna and i,and spence had a meeting with all of his therapists today. they each had their turn to tell us of spencer's progress and their hope for his future progress. i think every one started with "i have never seen anyone with so many visitors and friends". some of the therapists and nurses see all the pictures,some visit the blog,some are there to see everyone. that being said,you guys are awesome and a big part of his recovery.
we saw some movement in spencers leg today, it was side to side and not one foot in front of the other but we will take it. he walked a bunch today.
during the meeting we found out the docs have a new theory on why the clot travelled to his carotid artery. something about a vein and artery connecting in the lung. this is not normal as veins and arteries are seperate from each other. i guess it explains the travel part but not why an 18yr old kid has a clot that size.
during the meeting spencer learned of a guesstimate of his release date. this is if he has no setbacks, he continues to progress at his current rate,and the docs are happy with the medical part. i want to tell you when it is but you will have to ask him.

7 comments:

laynemorgan said...

Hey Spence its Layne Bartel, zach O'sullivan's girlfriend, if you dont know me lol I am glad to hear that you are doing so good. Zach has been keeping me posted. I am writing for the school paper and Mrs Ferriera wanted me to write an article about you letting everyone know how great your doing and what everyone is doing to help if you wouldnt mind that. If thats fine I have a couple questions to ask you so that your friends can hear from you how you're doing. I'm sure everyone would love it. If you could e-mail me and let me know if this would be okay. Thanks. MY email is lbartelx0@msn.com Your in my thoughts and prayers spence! =)

Mary Mary said...

YEA, SPENCER......you are, as always, a wonder to us all !!!!!!
Mary, Mary

a.aubin said...

spenceeee
tomorrow!

Heather said...

I really don't think anyone HAS had that many visitors.. but what do they expect you're spence the fence! That is so awesome about the leg movement; its definately a start! I can't wait for you to be back in T-Town-- not as exciting as Boston, but I think we've all managed to find something to do aka Wii Parties! I can't wait to have some more of those too! So keep up the good work so we can get you home! Love ya!

<33 Heather

P.S Taylor told me about that lovely dancing bunny.. try not to make your mom crazy with it lol!

Auntie Shannon said...

Great Job Wilbur!!! You are an inspiration to us all!! Keep up the great work. I love u!

Michaeline said...

Hi Spencer!

Way to Go!!! You'll be home before you know it!! I just think you are such an amazing person - you are a bright spot in this crazy world! Thank you!!!!

Prayers and good thoughts ALWAYS!
Love,
Michaeline

Courtney Marion said...

Hey Spence!
Its your favorite person/cousin in the world Courtney, obvisously, but I hope all is going well.. and I love your helmet i was impressed, if Drew saw it he would most definatly try to steal it. But hopefully I'm coming to see you this weekend. Stay strong Spence, love you always
-- Courtney Marion :)